Thursday, August 23, 2012

Forest Discoveries

I grew up in a rural part of southwestern Ontario, nearly the small city of Woodstock, the self-named "Dairy Capital of Canada". There was a woodlot, a small forest, next to my house. In the warmer months, and sometimes even in winter, the forest was my second home. I wandered, I imagined, I observed, touched and smelled the many wild plant-citizens of the treed little bit of paradise.

I grew to know each plant by name, to know if it was edible, medicinal, or poisonous. No surprise, then, to learn some years later, that I had some First Nations blood in me... Mohawk, Turtle Clan, to be exact. No wonder that I had played imaginary games in which I was a native 'medicine man'!






































The forest was my source of creative energy, spirituality, adventure and solace. Come, visit with me in the forest....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, compliment OR suggestion. All kinds of comments are welcome!