Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Fall Walk to Riverdale Farm

Today, the first full official day of fall, was typical for Toronto. Cool (about 14C) and sunny, sudden showers, grey and sullen, and sunny again... all with a couple of hours! In other words, a great day to shoot a variety of photos under varying conditions.

I went for a walk that lasted maybe two hours, walking directly east of where we live, through Cabbagetown, and then to Riverdale Farm. For those of you unfamiliar with Toronto, 'the Farm' is a real working farm right in the middle of the city, a place that barely escaped closure earlier this year, with the latest round of city budget cuts. Due to neighbourhood outrage, and private fundraising, the Farm was saved.

I'm glad. It is an rural oasis in the urban desert, one that reminds me of my roots, and comforts me. Let me take you there, for a lovely fall walk, right now...































































SOO glad it remains a part of the big City!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, compliment OR suggestion. All kinds of comments are welcome!