Sunday, September 2, 2012

My Faith Home

Many of you do not know me, but I have a strong religious tradition that runs deep within my family, and in my own life. I have long ago let go of a lot of what I used to believe, which was rooted in conservative Protestant Christianity. It's been a long, sometimes painful evolution,and I find myself a near-agnostic sometimes now.

But I do have a deep seated belief in a Creator of all that is, and because it is a familiar label, I call that Creator, "God".

I have found myself a church home that accepts, even welcomes my questions & doubts. It doesn't tell me what I must be, or not be. That home is Metropolitan Community Church of Toronto.

Wanted to show you something that is hanging on the church wall, in the sanctuary, our MCCT credo...

That's as close as I'll get to a doctrinal statement these days! And it allows others to be as they are, without seeing our own beliefs as the superior, or only, way. I now see that as incredibly arrogant, and not at all based on any hard evidence.

Check out their website, and even watch a webcast of the services at:

mcctoronto.com





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, compliment OR suggestion. All kinds of comments are welcome!