Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer Days in Oxford County

While I was home last week during my mother's medical emergency, much of my time was taken up by her serious illness. However, there was a good amount of free time as well. so, partly for the exercise and partly for the time to be alone and think, I did a lot of walking about in the countryside north and east of Woodstock, Ontario, where I spent most of my formative years.

The growing city is encroaching on some of my formerly-rural haunts: a golf course and estate lots that used to be corn fields and apple orchards. Nonetheless, a lot of rural, open land remains. And Conservation Lands that were new when I was a boy have matured into truly natural areas.

Come for a walk with me, as I traipse through some of my old haunts in Oxford County!






































No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, compliment OR suggestion. All kinds of comments are welcome!